Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Agora


Dudes and Dudettes

Unfortunately, no one seems to enjoy commenting on any of my posts. Now sure, my posts are not always comment worthy. But sometimes I think that they should incite some sort of debate... or at least general opinion-sharing. So this is a brief shout-out to my friend (I would say 'comrade', but apparently he's a market-loving capitalist pig now) parallelliott, who has thankfully challenged my marxists for mccain position.

So don't be shy, fellow readers: debate me, debate each other. The spice must flow!

5 comments:

parallelliott said...

the one who is not a capitalist pig is the one who supports mccain and adds to it several speculative marxist reasons. BRILLIANT apology!

Ericstotle said...

haha. it was a jab, comrade. simmer down now.

Ericstotle said...

oh yeah, where was this apology in my post? i was thanking you for debating me, not apologizing for anything. i didn't realize i needed to.

parallelliott said...

the apology i'm referring to is your rationalization of voting for mccain by using marxist reasons. you are apologizing for your conservative leanings by attempting to add on some marxist, leftist justifications.

Ericstotle said...

ah ha, now that is funny. i guess i didn't realize i was an apologist for the right via marxism, which means that i'm the one with false consciousness. the irony!

but really, i don't know how you can possibly think that i'm a conservative, especially with the argument i've been making: 'elect mccain so that financial institutions will reach a point of collapse and reveal their inherent contradictions' hardly sounds like a ringing endorsement for the right.