Saturday, October 25, 2008

G(r)eek Love



WTF indeed!

I don't usually take the time (or waste the time) to write about personal (mis)fortune, but considering the emergence of patterns, I wonder if this particular behavioral trait warrants scrutiny:

I'm officially a Greek magnet, and moreover, obsessed with the Greeks. I didn't really intend for it to happen this way, but somehow my academic interests have consolidated in Greek thought; my favorite vacation spot is most definitely Greece; my favorite food stuffs are certainly Greek; my last two partners have been Greek (and moreover, Greek/Fraternity guys), and then last night I ended up having an impromptu marathon date with yet another Greek/GreekFrat guy. WTF? I'm not quite sure how this keeps happening (and surely I'm not complaining), but I certainly am starting to find it curious none the less. So I just thought I'd mention it as that it's a definite oddity. Sometimes it just seems like life pulls you in certain directions... intentionality aside, events simply unfold as if there were some sort of... plan/karma/fate/thing.

όλα γνώσης αρχίζει με τους Έλληνες (All knowledge begins with the Greeks)

So that's it: My dissertation is officially going to start with pre-Socratic 'physics of nature'; I'm cooking pastitsio for dinner, and I'm going island hopping in the Aegean for spring break if anyone wants to join me.

No comments: