Monday, December 1, 2008

Escaping Gainesville









I was chatting with a good friend of mine last night, and he said something I found very profound: when you're in Richmond, it's like being in a bubble... nothing outside matters. And I have to agree with that completely. I just love this town. I'm not sure if it's because I'm biased (because I'm from here), or it's simply because it's so incredibly charming and fun, but once I come home I simply never want to leave.

So as people might have noticed, my blog postings have been really slight lately. And this is definitely been due to the fact that I've been enjoying a lengthy relaxation meditation vacation back at home, enjoying the quiet tree-lined streets of 'the fan' district, the canal walk, the river park system, and the bounty of awesome bars, pubs, and restaurants where I've been consuming way too much fancy food and ale. And though I've certainly missed my friends back in my very temporary residence of Gainesville FL (go Gators!), I can't wait to get the fuck out of the hemorrhoid of America that is Florida and return to more scenic and seasonal surroundings on a permanent basis.

Alas, sorry this entry is more like a live-journal than an intellectual posting, but I felt obligated to post a few pictures and a few kind words about a city that everyone should come to love. Richmond!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the personal side of the last few entries mixed in with the politics. Good stuff and nice pictures.