Friday, September 5, 2008

Barack Tease

Yesterday I posted a reminder regarding Obama's appearance on the O'Reilly Factor, and today I thought I'd offer a follow up for those of you who missed it:

Well, it was a total joke. Only a small portion of the complete interview was shown - the rest of which will air over three nights next week. Hence, I sat through about 45 minutes of crazy Bill ranting and raving before the 'interview' even began. So if you didn't watch it, you didn't miss much.

But if you're ever-curious and you do want to know what you missed, I transcribed the interview and posted it below. You can read it here:

*****

Bill: Senator, I'm going to take a very complex issue and reduce it to a yes or no question and then demand that you answer it in such a way that you 1) make republicans look awesome, or 2) make yourself look like a hypocrite.

Barack: OK, But I'm going to take your reductionist question and infuse it with nuance, reassemble the nexus of causality, and attempt to help people understand that issues are not simply black & white.

Bill: Fair enough, but while you try and talk, I'm going to start screaming: 'answer the questions senator! answer the question senator!'

Barack: Well, it is your show and I expected such behavior, but it probably won't help us to reach an understanding. It certainly won't help viewers at home to grasp the subtleties of geopolitics, international relations, and the historical chain of events...

Bill: *turning red* yes or no, senator! yes or no! everything is black and white, right and wrong, powerful conservative or pussy liberal

Barack: *smiling... tiny head with giant ears bobbing on thin neck* ...continues trying to explain complex, multidimensional issue...

Bill: *becoming hysterical; screaming now, mantra-like...* yes or no! yes or no!


repeat ad nauseam... more to come next week

*****

Caveat: it has occurred to me that my recent postings on Obama might be viewed as some sort of positive praise or excitement about Obama as the democratic nominee. Just for the record, I want to be clear that this is not the case.

No comments: