Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Obama'rama


Well, it's official. Here is the endorsement you have all been waiting for: I have decided to fall into line with DNC mandates and support the cleanest and leanest candidate running for president, Barack Obama.

Yeah yeah, I still think Hillary got screwed and would have been the better choice. And yes, I still hold that Obama totally sucks for not picking Hillary as his VP (though he should never even have had the option as that he should have been Hillary's subordinate). But the prospect of 'president Palin' is simply too scary to leave up to fate. Had McCain chosen a different VP, I might have used my vote to protest the crappy two-party system - along with the de-mock-racy that it represents (yeeah, I did that... sorry). But alas, a choice between the lesser-of-two-evils strikes again.

All of Obama's accomplishments are in the future (I think that's from a David Brooks op/ed), while McCain already shows signs of senility. Great; two terrific options. So this November I will take a brief respite from my four years of slavery to help elect one of my two choices for new potential overlord.

I guess the upshot is that if Obama does win, there isn't a higher office for him to run for. Thus, he will actually finish his term(s).

I hope this post clears things up for those of you who have been 1)trying to convince me to vote for Obama, or 2)judging me critically because I'm not fully on board the Obama bandwagon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as if hillary's boobs are that perky