Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why do people have blogs?

Consider my blog an experiment. I've been trying to figure out why people find it necessary to post their opinions on the web for others to read. Is it because they think that their opinions are so totally awesome that others would want to read them? Is it in hopes of being 'discovered' by the media, so that they can enter the 'blogosphere'? Or maybe it's that a blog is like bait, floating upon desolate electronic waters, waiting for some random fish to latch on and bring some excitement to the sad bloggers empty life.

Well, I dunno. My blog has actually been created - as previously mentioned - for experimental purposes. I want to know what blogging is all about, and what better way to find out than by blogging? Why would anyone read it? Fuck if I know. Why would I post on it? I don't know if I will. Why should you care? You shouldn't. Stop reading this crap. I suggest cracking open your favorite Marcuse book as an alternative, for it will almost certainly be more insightful.

2 comments:

broxtermonster said...

damn. i feel bamboozled.

Unknown said...

How about you just post your interpretation of Marcuse and I can read it on your blog? I much prefer the half digested regurgitated versions of great theoretical works than actually reading the tomes themselves. Cheers my good man. . .and long live the proletariat!